Jennifer M. Murray
Bushwick, Brooklyn firstname.lastname@example.org
BFA Painting, Drawing, and Printmaking: Carnegie Mellon University, 2005. Additional Major in Social and Cultural History.
MA in Humanities and Social Thought, New York University. Concentrations in Sociology and Gender Politics.
• Never Ending Story: Solo Exhibition of New Works by Jennifer Murray. Porter Contemporary, NYC, 2013.
• Displaced Fables, Damaged Dreams: A Solo Exhibition of works by Jennifer Murray. Raandesk Gallery, NYC, 2011.
• Enframing Me: Ellis Gallery, Carngegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, 2005.
• Vermont Studio Center, September 2012.
Selected Group Exhibitions and Projects
2013 and Upcoming
• FUR, Porter Contemporary, NYC.
• Canvas, Organized by OXHEART and the Gowanus Circus, NYC.
• Provocateur, Women's Caucus for the Arts, NYC.
• Homage to Hollywood, 19Karen Gallery, Queensland, Australia.
• Do Anything, Curated by Christopher Kardambikis. Double Break Gallery, San Diego.
• Wish You Were Here 11, A.I.R. Gallery, NYC.
• The Art of Spain, 19Karen Gallery, Queensland, Australia.
• A Rolling Stone, Porter Contemporary, NYC.
• Body Beautiful, Porter Contemporary, NYC.
• Affordable Art Fair, Los Angeles, ARTXWOMEN.
• There and Back Again: Porter Contemporary, NYC.
• Aqua Art Miami: Winter 2011.
• Art2Gift: Raandesk Gallery, NYC.
• Affordable Art Fair, Fall 2010, NYC.
• Affordable Art Fair, Spring 2010, NYC.
• Burdens+Beasts: Curated by Monique Reno-Gaffey. Raandesk Gallery, NYC.
• VOX V: Curated by Ryan Trecartin and Larry Mangel. Vox Populi Gallery, Philadelphia.
• Affordable Art Fair, Fall 2009, NYC.
• GODDESS: Curated by Tony Orrico. Under Minerva Gallery, NYC.
• It’s Only Black and White: Raandesk Gallery, NYC.
• In Your Dreams: Curated by Edward Sullivan. Pen and Brush, NYC.
• Award Winners Exhibition: Pen and Brush, NYC.
• Election 2008: Art Gotham, NYC.
• Stories We Tell Ourselves: Rhonda Schaller Studios, NYC.
• KING AND QUEEN: Curated by Mari Kojima. AG Gallery, NYC.
• Seeds of Compassion: ArtXchange Gallery, Seattle.
• Full Circle: Curated by Deborah Jack. Pen and Brush, NYC.
• Who Wants to be a Feminist? Rhonda Schaller Studios, NYC.
• 2nd Award, Fall Brush Exhibition: Curated by Peter Trippi. Pen and Brush, NYC.
• Before the Sun: Album cover/ jacket art. www.fixermusic.com.
• The Appearance of Things: Set pieces for feature film, directed by Jim Tassopolous.
• Exhibition 19: 14th Street Painters, NYC.
• Small Works Exhibition: 440 Gallery, NYC.
• The Square Foot Armory Show: Art Gotham, NYC.
• 9th International Open: Juried by Margaret Hatch. Woman Made Gallery, Chicago.
• Night of 1,000 Drawings: Artist’s Space Gallery, NYC.
• SQUARE FOOT IV: Project Spaceman, NYC.
• Exhibition 18: 14th Street Painters, NYC.
• Interpretation of Nature: Art Gotham, NYC.
• The Square Foot Show: Art Gotham, NYC.
• Media TONIC II: Juried by Pittsburgh Filmmakers.
• Spectacular! Spectacular!: BFA thesis exhibition. Regina Gouger Miller Gallery, Carnegie Mellon University.
• Come and See Us: Zine Release at Double Break Gallery, San Diego. 2012.
• The Bitch In Me: FAME Magazine. 2010.
• Anamesa: The Interdisciplinary Journal of New York University. Spring 2010.
• Encyclopedia Destructica, Volume Coatlique, Issue 1: Edition of 30, Pittsburgh, 2007.
• Encyclopedia Destructica, Volume Atum, Issue 1: Edition of 30, Pittsburgh, 2005.